Zen Internet might be less well known than some household-name providers. But it's fast and reliable. And with a slew of awards, its customer service is second to none. We take a good look at what it's got to offer...
Zen Internet broadband packages
The packages are...
- Fast – Zen Internet’s cheapest package gets you average speeds of 10Mbps and unlimited usage. Choose from 12-month contract or one-month rolling contract. Suitable for light users, such as people who live alone or with one other person. Activation fee applies.
- Unlimited Fibre 1 - Comes with average speeds of 35Mbps and unlimited usage. Available on 12-month contract. Apt for homes with three to four people, all of whom use the internet. Activation fee applies.
- Unlimited Fibre 2 – Average speeds of 66Mbps with unlimited usage. Available on 12-month contract. Suits very busy family homes and multiple occupancy shared homes, such as student homes. Activation fee applies.
All three Zen Internet packages come with a landline with pay as you calls. So you only pay for the calls you make.
But if you're going to making regular landline calls, you can sign up for an inclusive calls package. We look at these in detail below.
Zen also supplies its own FRITZ!Box 7530 router.
This offers parental controls so you can block inappropriate sites and set-up guest access, which means people can use your connection to get online but won’t need your password or full access.
They’re also all covered by Zen Internet’s Lifetime Guarantee, which means prices are frozen even when your minimum-term contract ends.
Zen Internet Ultrafast
In select locations around the UK, you can sign up for an ultrafast service from Zen.
This is based on Openreach's G.fast network and deliver speeds of up to 300Mbps.
Zen Internet calls packages
As indicated above, Zen Internet packages come with pay as you go calls as standard.
But if you want to add a calls package, your options are:
- Line Rental Plus – Unlimited anytime calls to 01, 02 and 03 landline numbers, as well as a £10 per month allowance for 0845 numbers
- Calls to mobiles – choose from 250 mins, 500 mins or 2000 mins. Networks included are EE, Three, Vodafone, 02, T-Mobile and Orange.
- International calls – choose from 250, 500 or 2,000 minutes of calls per month to overseas numbers.
What’s good about Zen Internet?
- Customer service is excellent
- Static IP address comes free
- Free, highly rated router
- Consistently high Trust Pilot scores
- Free, easy installation
- Price guarantee means you pay the same price as long as you’re with Zen Internet
What’s less good about Zen Internet?
- Cheaper broadband is available. And with comparable speeds too.
- No option to add pay-TV or a mobile contract, so you can’t make savings by taking them from a single provider