Like the look of the lickety-split fibre optic broadband or the wonderfully wide range of TV channels that Virgin Media (www.virginmedia.com) has to offer?
Well, guess what - you can get line rental and home phone plans through the UK’s first ‘quad play’ provider as well. With a choice of a few different packages, including options for cheaper calls to international numbers, it’s bound to suit even the chattiest of households.
What can I get from Virgin Media home phone?
You have four packages to choose from:
- Talk Weekends - The standard line rental from Virgin Media, with inclusive calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobiles on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Talk More Weekends - Includes calls to UK mobiles at the weekends too.
- Talk More Evenings and Weekends - Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles from 7pm to 7am on weekdays too.
- Talk More Anytime - Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles at any time, 24/7.
- Talk More International Anytime - An upgrade you can add to Anytime, which adds anytime calls to 30 international destinations.
The inclusive calls in each plan include landlines (numbers starting with 01, 02, or 03), 0870 numbers, and Virgin Mobile numbers. But it’s only free for the first hour, so remember to hang up at the 59-minute mark and call back again.
Each plan has some simple calling features included as standard, including 1471, number withhold, and basic voicemail. And on top of that, you’ve got the option to add even more.
Premium calling features include call divert, quick dial, caller display, and Voicemail Plus, which lets you record your own greeting and listen to your voicemail messages from any phone.
In typical Virgin Media style, you can even create your own bundle of two or more calling features to save money.
What’s good about Virgin Media phone?
- Virgin Media is a ‘quad-play’ provider, so you can bundle line rental with broadband, TV, and mobile - or get a ready-made Big Oomph bundle
- Packages are flexible with lots of choice
- Besides Talk Weekends, all inclusive calls cover UK mobiles as well as landlines
- Good range of calling features
- Nine-month contracts available - perfect for students
- Can save money by paying year’s line rental upfront at any point
What’s bad about Virgin Media phone?
- Virgin Media’s network is separate from BT’s copper one, so it doesn’t extend everywhere - use our postcode checker to see if it’s available where you are
- Line rental not available on its own, only as part of a bundle with broadband or TV
- More expensive than other providers - Virgin Media isn’t committed to affordability like TalkTalk or Plusnet are, for instance
Installation fees can be costly too
- International calling options not as good as some providers, such as BT
Our latest Virgin Media landline deals
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What else can I get from Virgin Media?
Read more about what Virgin Media has to offer: