If you’re looking for affordable broadband, Origin’s a good place to begin. It specialises in easy to understand, low-cost packages that cater to those who want to keep things simple.
What’s more, it offers flexible payment options that let you choose between paying for everything upfront to save in the long term, or spreading the cost over your contract term.
Here’s what you need to know:
What does Origin Broadband do?
Three packages are available:
- Origin Broadband - gives you unlimited downloads. This is best suited for small households.
- Origin Fibre - gives you unlimited downloads. This is a good choice for families and large households who want to stream video, surf the web, play games and more at the same time.
- Origin Max - gives you unlimited downloads. This is Origin’s fastest package, making it even better for families with lots of web-connected doo-dads, and heavy users who will be downloading a lot.
All Origin Broadband packages include an all-in-one router and free 24 hour UK-based tech support. They’re all available with pay as you go calls, but for a bit extra money you can upgrade to inclusive evening and weekend, international and anytime calls.
Origin phone packages
As well as broadband, you can get landline-only packages from Origin. You can choose between inclusive weekend, evening or pay as you go calls, and there are a number of add-ons available too. These include:
- Anonymous call reject
- Call barring
- Caller display
- Call diversion
- Origin Supersaver
If you want to cut the overall cost of your package, Origin gives you the option to pay for the whole thing all at once. It’s a fairly sizable initial outlay, but it cuts the overall cost of the package by nearly a third, and also means you don’t have to worry about monthly bills.
What’s good about Origin Broadband?
- Specialises in affordable broadband
- Superfast fibre optic broadband great for families and shared houses
- Truly unlimited broadband without fair usage or traffic management
- Simple, easy to understand packages
- Can pay for a whole year upfront to reduce overall price
- 24 hour customer service available all year round
- Refer a friend to receive credit on your bill
What’s bad about Origin Broadband?
- Not much in the way of extras compared to some other providers - no free Wi-Fi access, or antivirus software, for example
- Fibre optic broadband not available everywhere
- No pay TV options