SMARTY’s SIM-only plans offer excellent value, as all tariffs include unlimited UK standard calls and texts. On top of flexible one-month contracts, SMARTY’s plans also include discounts on unused data.
In this guide, we'll take you through what you get from SMARTY, and how to choose a SIM deal.
What SIM-only deals can I get from SMARTY?
SMARTY’s monthly allowances range from 4GB to unlimited data, and all plans include unlimited UK standard calls and texts and are available on one-month contracts.
Perks and benefits
All pay-monthly SIMs from SMARTY get you these benefits:
- Stay connected with your friends and family with unlimited UK standard calls and texts on all plans
- At the end of each month, SMARTY rewards you for any unused data you have leftover with a discount on your next plan
- Flexible one-month contracts mean you can cancel anytime or change your plan each month
- Tether and hot-spot your data without speed restrictions
How to compare SMARTY SIM-only deals
Comparing SMARTY SIM deals is easy - just use the table at the top of this page. You can see all the deals together, compare what you can get, and filter them down so you only see the ones that suit what you need.
Think about things like:
- Allowance - how much data and how many minutes and texts do you need per month? If you're not sure how much to go for, take a look at our full guide to data usage.
- Price - if you have a budget, choose the maximum you want to pay each month in the cost filter
Click on the deal you like best, and we'll take you to SMARTY's website so you can sign up and get started.
If you're not convinced SMARTY is the network you want, that's no problem - you can compare its deals right next to those from other providers too. Just select the networks whose SIMs you'd like to see and we'll show you the lot. Or, compare all SIM deals here.
Is SMARTY a good network?
SMARTY is a good network for anyone who wants a straightforward, low-cost, 30-day SIM deal – and doesn’t need much else from their plan. It’s an excellent network for flexibility, budget-friendly prices, and with no need for a credit check.
What it doesn’t offer is long-term plans – nor contracts on mobile phones themselves. It’s also lacking good roaming options outside of the EU, and any other bells and whistles (such as reward schemes) that you may get with other, larger (and often more expensive) networks.
For more info on mobile networks and how they compare, head to our guide: What’s the best mobile network for me?
Can I get an unlimited data SMARTY SIM?
Yes you can. Allowances on Smarty plans range from a humble 4GB per month, all the way up to unlimited data.
You'll also get unrestricted tethering on that, as well as unlimited minutes and texts too.
Does SMARTY offer data-only SIMs?
No. All SMARTY SIM plans come with unlimited calls and texts – they aren’t designed to be used in mobile broadband devices.
However, its parent company Three offers plenty of data-only SIMs for use in tablets, dongles, and other devices. And that includes 30-day deals.
What's the cheapest SMARTY SIM-only deal?
The cheapest mobile SIM deal you can get from SMARTY is a one-month plan that comes with 4GB data and unlimited UK standard calls and texts. If you mainly use your phone to browse the web, send email, and use social apps like Facebook, then all of SMARTY’s plans are good value.
To find the cheapest deal that fits your use, use our comparison table. Adjust the filters to make sure you only see SIMs that have enough monthly allowance for you, and then sort the whole table by monthly cost. You'll see the lowest-priced deals right at the top.
Plus, sometimes there are limited time deals that are worth keeping an eye out for.
Is a SMARTY SIM deal cheaper than a phone contract?
Yes - it's almost always cheaper in the long run to buy a phone outright and take out a SIM-only deal.
As all SMARTY’s SIM-only deals are one-month plans, if you do want the benefits of a longer contract (like lower upfront costs, a nice new phone in your hand today, and free screen replacements), it’s worth seeing what other networks offer.
Can I upgrade a SMARTY SIM-only deal?
Yes, you can. Because SMARTY’s SIM-only plans only last 30 days, it's easy to switch tariffs every month.
What network does SMARTY use?
SMARTY is a subsidiary company of Three, and piggybacks on its network.
That means fantastic coverage – it reaches more than 99% of the population. 4G coverage is excellent too.
The 5G network – which all SMARTY customers can take advantage of – is growing, though it isn’t the widest on the market right now. Some reports do say it’s the fastest on average in the UK, however.
Roaming with SMARTY
In the EU, roaming with SMARTY is easy – you can just use your normal allowance when you’re abroad. Your data is subject to fair usage of 12GB per month, however.
Outside of the EU, it’s pay-as-you-go only. Rates differ depending on where you’re headed – and can be quite expensive, so watch out.
Can I keep my number if I switch to a SMARTY SIM-only deal?
Yes - it's almost always possible to keep your current phone number when you switch to a new network.
1) Choose a new SIM-only plan - compare deals and sign up to one that you like the look of. Your SIM will be sent through the post to you. While you're waiting…
2) Contact your current provider and request your PAC (porting authorisation code) - you can request your code in a few ways - online, via text and even by post if you're really old-school. If you phone, they may try to talk you into sticking with them, but stick to your guns if this happens. They'll send you the PAC as a text message within two hours.
3) Give the PAC to your new network - when your new SIM arrives, it will have a new number. To change it to the old one, contact your network and give them the PAC code. They'll take care of porting the number over. It could be as fast as one working day before the old number's transferred, but be aware that on occasion it can take a little more time.
It may sound complicated, but it's very simple in practice. If you want a bit more detail, check out our full guide to keeping your phone number:
More SIM-only deals
Take a look at the SIM deals you can get from other providers too:
- Asda Mobile SIM-only deals
- EE SIM-only deals
- giffgaff SIM-only deals
- iD Mobile SIM-only deals
- Lebara Mobile SIM-only deals
- O2 SIM-only deals
- Plusnet Mobile SIM-only deals
- Sky Mobile SIM-only deals
- Tesco Mobile SIM-only deals
- Three SIM-only deals
- TPO Mobile SIM-only deals
- Virgin Mobile SIM-only deals
- Vodafone SIM-only deals
- VOXI SIM-only deals
Are all SMARTY SIMs 5G?
Yes, they’re all 5G-ready. You’ll just need a 5G-compatible smartphone to make the most of it.
Should I get unlimited calls and texts?
All SMARTY SIMs come with unlimited UK calls and texts, so there’s no need to decide. You’ll have the same low monthly costs whether you’re chatty or just want to go online.
How do I cancel a SMARTY SIM-only contract?
Easily. You can cancel a SMARTY plan by going to your account settings online, or by SMS.
When you do so, you can also request a PAC if you want to keep your phone number.
Alternatively, you also have the option to pause your SIM temporarily, if you’re not sure about leaving or if you just want a breather.