Looking for a good value broadband package with a free gift? We have everything you need to know on this page, including which providers offer free gifts with their packages and how to claim them:
Broadband providers will do all kinds of things to entice prospective customers, including offering some impressive free gifts with their packages.
So, if you're looking for a broadband, home phone, or TV deal with a little something extra? Here’s everything you need to know.
How do I find broadband packages with free gifts?
To find broadband packages with free gifts, take a look at our comparison tables. Generally, it's the better known, household-name providers, such as BT, Virgin Media, Sky and TalkTalk, that are more likely to offer sweeteners to encourage you to sign up.
To see deals that come with free gifts that are available where you live, enter your postcode into our postcode checker at the top of the page.
We’ll show you everything you can get where you are. Check through your results, and look out for ones with gifts. Then just click through to sign up or get more info.
Just remember that if you spot a package you like, you’ll need to grab it quickly. Most deals with free gifts don’t stick around very long - sometimes only for a few days.
It’s also worth remembering that some broadband deals are super cheap anyway, even without a gift. It could actually be better value to get a money-saving budget deal.
What free gifts can I get with broadband?
The most common free gifts you get with broadband are vouchers for high-street stores or online retailers. However, giveaways have also included soundbars, TVs and even games consoles.
Other free gifts you can expect to get with broadband packages include:
- Cashback - Usually in the form of a cheque made out to the name on your broadband contract. Once you’ve claimed it and cashed it, it’s money in your account to spend on whatever you want.Compare broadband deals with cashback here.
- Reward cards and prepaid cards - These are basically credit cards sent to you loaded with a set amount of money. You can spend them in any shop or retailer that accepts that kind of card.
- Vouchers - Either cards or e-vouchers you can spend in certain stores. You may find vouchers for Amazon, Sainsbury’s, John Lewis, iTunes, and more.
- Gadgets - It’s relatively rare for a provider to offer a deal with a free tablet, laptop, TV, or speaker. But they're well worth looking out for.
- Free router - All broadband providers include a router with your package. Mostly there are for no extra cost and you're allowed to keep it after your contract ends.
Which broadband providers offer free gifts?
Household-name providers like BT, EE, Plusnet and Virgin Media have all been known to offer free gifts with their broadband, TV and phone packages at some time or other.
Providers that sometimes offer gifts include:
- BT - Often sweetens its standard broadband, BT Superfast Fibre broadband and TV packages with reward cards
- EE - Has offered gifts with broadband, home phone, and mobile deals
- Plusnet - Provides a free router and sometimes other gifts with its broadband and home phone packages
- Sky - Has offered vouchers, gadgets, and reward cards on its broadband and TV deals
- TalkTalk - Sometimes offers reward cards and vouchers on its broadband, home phone, and TV packages
- Virgin Media - Periodically offers reward cards, gadgets, and other gifts with its broadband, TV, and big bundles
These kinds of deals don’t last very long, however, so we can’t guarantee there will always be a provider currently offering them.
It’s best to just check your postcode and see what’s available right now. You may also find mobile deals and pay-monthly tablet deals with gifts too - have a look at those as well if free stuff is your jam.
How do I claim my free gift?
For each provider, the details on how to claim your free gift will be different. See our complete guide to claiming cashback, reward cards, vouchers and other freebies.
A few kinds of gifts, such as free routers, will get sent out to you automatically - but in most cases, you’ll need to go to the provider’s website to claim them.
Generally, there’ll be an online form to fill in, so have your order info and confirmation email ready to go.
For most free-gift offers, including cashback and vouchers, when you claim is important. Providers usually ask you to claim after your new connection is live, and within a certain time frame - this could be 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days, for instance.