How do I watch the Champions League final at home? Do I need to sign up to Sky Sports or BT Sport or is there a way to watch for free?
Jason D, via email
The 2019 UEFA Champions League final will take place at 21:00 CEST in the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid, Spain on 1 June 2019.
You can catch all the action exclusively on BT Sport, via a BT Sport TV package (see below for channels); or watch it for free at BT.com (BTsport.com/final), via the BT Sport app, on YouTube, and on Virgin (channel 100).
For that immersive near-stadium experience, BT will also broadcast the final in stunning 4K Ultra HD, complete with Dolby Atmos surround sound. The 4K version will be broadcast on BT Sport Ultra HD.
Whatever method you choose to watch the game, you'll need broadband that can handle it. BT recommends download speeds of at least 2Mb to watch it in standard definition; 5Mb to watch it in HD or higher; and 10Mb for the 360-degree version.
How to watch the Champions League final for free
You can watch the big match for free in the following ways:
- BT.com - You can see the final's live stream at: BTsport.com/final
- BT Sport app - Download this free app to your smartphone or tablet, and you can live-stream the final.
- YouTube - youtube.com/btsport
- Virgin - On channel 100
For a quality viewing experience, BT Sport subscribers can watch the game on TV on the following channels:
- BT TV - 409 (BT Sport 2); 431 (BT Sport 2 HD); 433 (BT Sport 4K UHD)
- Sky - 414 (BT Sport 2 HD)
- Virgin Media - 532 (BT Sport 2); 528 (BT Sport 2 HD)
- TalkTalk - 409 (BT Sport 2)
You'll need the full BT Sport pack to watch next season's Champions League and Europa League matches.
How do I get BT Sport?
- With BT - You can add BT Sport to any BT TV package. Some packages also include it as standard.
- With BT Broadband - Even if you don't take TV, you can sign up to watch BT Sport online or via the app. Bear in mind you can't always cast it to a TV, depending on your setup.
- With Sky TV - Contact BT to add it to your active Sky service. Here's how to get BT Sport on Sky.
- With Virgin Media - It's included in Full House and VIP bundles, or you can add to any other TV package whenever you like by contacting Virgin Media.
- With TalkTalk TV - You can add the BT Sport Boost at any point - though it's not available in HD. Here's how you get it.
- With EE Mobile - Some EE Mobile plans include free access to BT Sport. You'll be able to watch it on your phone or tablet, but you won't be able to cast it to a telly unfortunately.
You can find out more information about how to sign up for BT Sport in our dedicated BT Sport page. Alternatively, use our comparison tool to see different TV services that include BT Sport, and which is cheapest right now: